Monday, February 14, 2022

Getting Back on Track


This new year of 2022 did not start out as planned.  Today I am five weeks out from a complicated major surgery, two hospitalizations, and a slow and painful recovery.  I had been having bouts of fatigue for months.  But, with medical professionals who got to the root of the problem and good care, I am gaining strength for today and hope for tomorrow. 

On this Valentine’s Day I am so thankful for Judy, the love of my life, the one who has carried me through some rough patches these last several years.  When I have felt listless and lack of purpose, she has been here to do almost everything for me. It has tired her out, but she is strong and full of compassion!

I recently read “Yes to Life” by Victor Frankle, who wrote: …that someone is tired and exhausted, is not enough of a reason to stop in their tracks.  Rather, everything depends on whether carrying on does have meaning, which makes it worth overcoming and continuing to live despite persistent ‘world weariness’.

Thank you, Judy, for your love and caring.  And thanks to so many friends and family for their words of encouragement and prayers.  


1 comment:

  1. Lovely. Happy Valentines Day to both of you. You are separately and together an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete