Thursday, April 22, 2021

Prompts from Old Songs and Psalms during the Pandemic. #3

 


Beautiful Savior….


This is one I know by heart and love. There isn't a more sublime hymn than this one, especially the St. Olaf choir, singing the F. Melius Christiansen arrangement.  It is a love song to Jesus with great sentiment and passion, the tune and words known and felt - expressing commitment to the Lord.  It should be sung at my funeral perhaps - maybe with a full stream of tears flowing down the cheeks of my beloved family.  


Fair is the sunshine… The sun was not in view when I first went out with Tuppence this morning, but with 3 or 4 inches of new snow it is a fair day.  And now the sky is blue on this April fools day.  I smile as she looks at me with a cocked head from the hallway full of curiosity and wonder.  


I am not in the mood for an April fools prank.  It would not be funny to feign symptoms of COVID-19 and then say “April fool”.  But, horrifyingly, I saw a video of someone coughing on purpose on a store clerk.  It was revolting, not funny. 


Better to turn attention to the sublime.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndUv80ALGps



No comments:

Post a Comment