Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Prompts from Old Songs and Psalms during the pandemic: #8

 When cares increase within me, Your comfort gives me joy.  Ps 94


I care about, I wonder about, think about many things every day.  What I care about is life, well being, loved ones and more..  But “cares” here means to worry, be concerned and have anxious thoughts about.  The news overwhelms me with information about the pandemic and especially the plight of others.

  

 Both forms of cares are with me daily. …. It does little good to worry, but how to avoid it.


 Last night I didn’t feel well, an upset stomach and breathing issues.  My mind immediately raced to worst case scenarios.  This morning I am fine.  Comfort comes with the dawn;  Joy maybe, but comfort for sure.  


The image of the Good Shepherd comes to mind.  Marty Haugen’s wonderful song, Shepherd me o Lord reminds me to look  beyond my wants, beyond my fears, from death into life.  Fear no evil, for You are at my side.   



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdiusy9YUYc



No comments:

Post a Comment